The tuition for each Horizon student is covered by tuition paid by the student’s school district. But to pursue projects that go “above and beyond” the minimum requirements, we depend on fundraising dollars. Fundraising has allowed us to build all new preschool rooms, student medical center, sensory room, vision room and library at the elementary school and the new computer center and media studio at the high school. Our fundraising efforts include:
• Year-end Appeal: A letter requesting donations is sent to all families at the end of the year.
• Dinner Dance: The elementary school hosts a dinner dance fundraiser every February
• 5k: The high school’s 5k run/fun run is held each spring
• Tricky Tray: The high school is holding their first tricky tray event in the spring of 2014
• Wheelin’-n’-Walkin’ Challenge: The WWC is the largest fundraising event of the year. Sponsor forms are sent home asking each family to reach out to friends, relatives and co-workers to help sponsor their child.
All of the funds raised through all of these avenues go to the particular school’s Annual Fund and support items that directly impact our students.